We are an accredited training institute, recognized by the SAIA (Scaffold & Access Industry Association) to perform training on mast climbers and transport platforms. This training provides operators will a PAL card.
Klimer model specific training is offered on or off site, according to your needs, and can be catered to your specific training requirements. We offer Occupant, Operator, Installer, Refresher & Train-the-trainer courses. This training provides trainees with certificates of completion and wallet cards for proof of training.
Click below for your specific training needs!
Anyone who will be on, or, working from the platform, is required to successfully complete occupant training. All occupants receive training applicable to the model and configuration of the MCWP to be occupied. Some of the topics covered include:
- Maximum loading and load
- Fall hazards and the use of fall arrest equipment.
- Maintain a firm footing at all times while working from the
- Do not stand next to unstable materials, such as stacked
- Secure unstable materials while traveling up or
- Operate the platform in the case of an emergency
Anyone who will be operating the platform, is required to successfully complete operator training. All operators receive training applicable to the model of the MCWP to be operated.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Correctly interpret the maximum loading and load
- Estimate with sufficient accuracy for safety, the weight of any loads that they might place on the work platform including personnel
- Inspect planking and support extensions, to ensure planks are supported correctly.
- Know the location of the Operator Manual and Site Specific load chart (if applicable) and communicate information in a timely and accurate fashion to all those on the
- Lower the work platform safely, using the emergency descent device to the next safe exit
- Carry out routine checks and inspections (including pre-start inspection).
- Be aware of wind speed
Installation and Dismantle Training
Anyone who will be installing, dismantling, relocating the platform, is required to successfully complete installation training. All installers receive training applicable to the model of the MCWP to be installed.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Review of Operator training
- Basic erection/ dismantle
- Basic servicing/ electrical
- Basic engineering parameters
- Basic legislation awareness
- Safety systems and emergency procedures
- Hazard assessment guidance
- Mast, platform, tie anchor and railing installation and dismantle
- Transport and relocation
- Proper cribbing
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience
- Basic mechanical/electrical awareness
- Basic construction and health and safety awareness
- Fully physically fit
After successful completion of the course, the installer trainee will receive a certificate of completion, wallet installer card and if train-the-trainer Operator course complete, will then be able to perform Operator Training to other users. Certificates are valid for 3 years from date of completion.
MCWP Operator Training - SAIA Accredited Training
Klimer offers Mast Climber Operator Training through its accredited SAIA training designation. This program is designed for individuals who work from, or operate, mast climber work platforms. This course covers all the safety aspects regarding mast climbers, pre- and post-use checks, regulations, fall protection and general use. The course format includes a combination of presentation, question and answer, practical application and final exam. Participants completing the exam and practical application will receive a certificate of completion and PAL wallet card certifying completion of Mast Climber Operator Training. This training is not machine specific.
If your current Mast Climber PAL designation is older than five years old, it is expired. You can re-certify at this course.
Groups of up to 6 trainees per course. For pricing and more details, please contact email@example.com.
MCWP Safe Use
Stay up to date with industry news involving industry updates, product alerts and safety bulletins.